avast! antivirus and company description
avast! official web page: http://www.avast.com.
Matrix UAB is official avast! dealer in Lithuania.
- avast! pricelist in EUR and LTL;
- avast! renewals and discounts for subscription, and renewals from the list prices;
MATRIX UAB as authorized avast! reseller, presents information on avast! best antivirus products
avast! antivirus is an antivirus program developed by ALWIL Software based in Prague, Czech Republic. It was first released in 1988. avast! was one of the first on-access antivirus programs to be released for Windows x64 edition. avast! 4 Home is a popular full-featured freeware antivirus applications available to Microsoft Windows and Linux users. As of October 2008 the free Home Edition has had over 37 million downloads on Download.com. As of December 2008 avast! (Home version) has had 70 million registered users.
ALWIL Software (PLC) is a software company based in Prague, Czech
Republic, that produces avast! antivirus, an antivirus program. The
program comes in a freeware version for home users (Requires
registration) and a shareware version that has several additional
features. (avast! Professional Edition) It also produces other versions
for other operating systems. (See avast!). The latest version of avast!
includes optional components for protecting popular instant messaging
and file sharing programs, and scanning of POP3 email without the need
for a special setup of email software. (Certain features of the program
are available only on NT-based operating systems) In addition, the
email scanning module, by default, uses heuristics to identify
potentially malicious emails.
ICSA Labs has certified avast! as a virus detector, but not as a virus cleaner as of November 2003. avast! has passed several Virus Bulletin tests.
avast! is aimed at preventing infection by several types of computer threats, including those that are not technically computer viruses such as spyware and even rogue software. avast! also can recover malware-damaged files through its Virus Recovery Database. (VRDB).
avast! Antivirus Features
avast! antivirus features several protection "shields", or modules, each of which can be individually configured or disabled.
* Standard Shield — Real-time protection against threats.
* Anti-rootkit — Detection of rootkits.
* Anti-spyware — Detection of spyware.
* IM shield — Instant Messenger protection.
* P2P shield — P2P protection.
* Internet Mail — E-mail scanning.
* Outlook/Exchange — Microsoft Outlook/Exchange scanning.
* Web Shield — HTTP protection (local transparent proxy). Version 4.8 also allows the blocking of URLs.
* Script blocker — Script checker (professional version only); scans webpages for malicious scripts.
* Network Shield — Basic protection against well-known network worms. Acts as a Intrusion Detection System.
* Audible alarms — Vocal warnings and notices such as "Caution, a virus has been detected!" or "Virus database has been updated."
* Boot-time scan — Users can schedule a boot-time scan to remove viruses that load during Windows startup.
* Self-Protection — Prevents malware from terminating avast! processes and damaging avast! files.
* Virus definition updates — avast! updates its virus definitions on a regular basis (sometimes multiple times a day), and this process is automated by default.
* Virus Chest — Quarantine; folder where "infected files" can be stored. The virus chest also stores vital system files to prevent them from damage by malware. In addition, users can add their own files to the virus chest. Any file in the chest can not be executed; double-clicking the file will instead display information about the file.
In addition, the avast! interface is also skinnable.
avast! Antivirus Registration (Home Edition)
avast! needs to be registered within the first 60 days of use. (Demo period) After registering, a license key is e-mailed and can be used for one year. After one year, the user is required to re-register. Despite registration, the program is still free for home use.
avast! Antivirus Versions
On Windows the latest version is 4.8. These are the currently available different editions of avast! antivirus software for various different operating systems and environments.
* avast! 4 Home Edition (Freeware for personal, non-commercial use)
- A fully featured antivirus package for home computers running Windows.
* avast! 4 Professional Edition (Commercial) - Antivirus package with additional options for workstations.
* avast! 4 SBS Edition Download (Commercial) - For small businesses running Windows Server Edition.
* avast! 4 Server Edition (Commercial) - Antivirus package intended to use on servers, may be extended by modules (protection of MS Exchange Server 2000/2003, MS Proxy/ISA Server, SMTP Server, MS Sharepoint Server (Portal Server 2001/2003 and Windows Sharepoint Services 2003))
* avast! U3 Edition (Shareware) - Antivirus designed to protect U3 smart drives from viruses and other forms of malware.
* avast! 4 Small Business Server Edition (Commercial) - Complete antivirus solution for Microsoft Small Business Server, including Exchange server or ISA server.
* avast! Mac Edition (Shareware/Commercial) - Antivirus for Mac (version 2.74), has a 60-day trial. The commercial Mac+PC (Windows on Mac) Edition bundle includes avast! Professional Edition.
* avast! for Linux/Unix Servers - Edition designed to run on Linux and BSD servers running x86 kernels only. Packages are available as RPM , Debian or in Tarball form.
* avast! Linux Home Edition - (Freeware for personal, non-commercial use) - Antivirus solution intended for use on Linux workstations.
* avast! for Kerio (Shareware) - Designed to work with Kerio products like their secure mail servers.
* avast! 4 PDA Edition (Commercial) - Available for Windows PocketPC/Windows Mobile, WinCE and Palm OS.
* avast! Distributed Network Manager - Allows for network administrators to manage the avast! antivirus product line across the whole enterprise.
avast! Antivirus Awards and tests
* As of July 2007, both avast Home and Professional Editions have gotten a 6.5 out of 10 Editor's rating at CNET reviews.
* SC Awards 2006 Finalist
* It received the Review Center Award 2006 for Best Anti-Virus software.
* avast! Home Edition at CNET's Download.com has a 4.5/5 user rating and 5/5 editor's rating as of January 2009.
* avast! Home Edition at Softpedia has a 4.3/5 rating as of January 2009.
If you want to buy or get renewal of avast! antivirus, please write to email@example.com and we will help you to solve your problem.
Copyright MATRIX, UAB 2009 - 2010